The Library Foundation
2013 Board of Directors
2013 Foundation Board Meetings
Jan. 10, Feb. 14, Mar. 14, Apr. 11, May 9, Jun. 13, Jul. 11, Aug. 8, Sep. 12, Oct. 10, Nov. 14, Dec. 12
Mission & Goals
Mission: The mission of the Marathon County Public Library Foundation is to support and enhance the libraries of Marathon County and the services they provide. (adopted 11/14/1996)
Goals: (adopted 1/24/1997)
Develop a public relations program for Marathon County residents to:
- Define the role and purpose of the MCPL Foundation.
- Communicate information about available library resources and services.
- Promote broad support for our libraries.
Establish an endowment to:
- Enhance library services.
- Augment library resources.
- Contribute to capital improvements.
The Work of the Library Foundation
How has the Foundation met its goals?
The Foundation board raised funds for the 1995 expansion of the library's Wausau Headquarters. This funding made possible the addition of the third floor.
To enhance the library's services, the Foundation began the process of endowment-building in 1998. Interest from the endowment is allocated for special projects.
How have the funds raised enriched the library's services?
The Library Foundation supported the annual Marathon County READS program that recurred 2002 through 2010.
Provided funds for the Reimagination Project which made possible the 2008 expansion and improvement of the TeenZone at the Wausau Headquarters.
- Provided supplemental funding for the further development of the library's collections: books, audiovisual items and more.
Ways To Give
The Library Foundation raises funds to support the library via special events and mail campaigns. Additionally, donors may use our online donation form. For more ways to donate to the library, visit our donate webpage.
Silent Auction -- This auction of special items is held at the library in Wausau for two weeks in March or April.
- Flower Bulb Sale -- Bulbs to plant in the spring or amaryllis bulbs for holiday gifts are sold in the fall.
Shop & Give -- Shop at selected websites to raise money for the Library Foundation!
Mailings -- Requests for funding are sent in spring and fall to past and potential donors. To be placed on the list, call 715-261-7200 or click here to print a form.
Address: MCPL Foundation, 300 N. 1st Street, Wausau WI 54401
Phone: 715-261-7200 | Email: Submit online form (c/o Library Foundation).