History of the Marathon City Branch Library
Marathon City's library service began in 1954 as a facility housed at the Marathon High School. By 1975, the Village relocated the library to the village hall, and later moved the library to a storefront location on Main Street. In 1985, construction of a new Village Hall on 3rd Street in was designed to included the branch library, where it resided until 2010. In late 2009, after it was decided more space was needed for books, computers and special programs, a referendum vote allowed the village to plan construction of a separate library building on Washington Street. This building project was completed in September 2010.