Wisconsin's Digital Library / OverDrive
Wisconsin's Digital Library (aka OverDrive) is a catalog of free e-books, audio books and videos that you can check out, download and enjoy for limited periods of time. All you need is a library card and special software to facilitate the download process. Wisconsin's Digital Library is a service of the Wisconsin Public Library Consortium and is available to patrons throughout the state.
Make sure your device is compatible! Visit the Device Resource Center.
Quick guides / instructions:
- If you have an advanced (color) e-reader or tablet:
- If you have a basic (non-color) e-reader:
- If you want to download audio books or music to your computer:
- If you have an iPod (and aren't using the OverDrive App):
- If you want to download MP3s audio books or music to your MP3 player:
Checkout limits: A maximum of 10 OverDrive items may be checked out for seven or 14 days at a time; e-books have an additional 21-day option. Except for e-books, items cannot be returned early. Renewals are only possible by checking out the item again, and only if no one else is waiting for it.
Download availability: Not all downloads are immediately available. Like physical library items, they only can be checked out to a set number of users at one time. However, you may "place a hold" on any item to be notified when it becomes available. You will receive an email, and the item will be held for you for three days.