Computers / Internet
Public Computer Labs
- All MCPL locations offer public computer labs with Internet access and common productivity software.
- Computer usage is subject to the library's Computer and Internet Access and Use policy.
- Patrons may use these computers for up to two hours per day, and extensions may be possible.
- Black and white printing is 10 cents per page. You must pre-pay at the desk before printing.
- Headphones should be used to avoid disturbing other patrons.
- During peak usage or to ensure access to a particular computer, patrons may wish to reserve a computer with the assistance of library staff.
Wireless Internet Access (Wi-Fi)
All MCPL locations offer wireless Internet service; just look for the network named "LibraryGuest." Patrons must agree to the library's Computer and Internet Access and Use policy before full network access is granted. Printing to library printers from the wireless network is not possible at this time. If you experience difficulty connecting to the network, library staff can suggest common solutions, but they cannot extensively troubleshoot, reconfigure or repair your device.
Tablets and E-readers
To learn more, view our Electronic Devices webpage.
From time to time, the library schedules basic computer and technology classes for adults, special presentations on technology-related topics, and technology-themed events for children. For upcoming events of this type, check out the library's technology events webpage.