Children's Event Drop-in Children are encouraged to write letters to Santa Claus and drop them off at participating MCPL locations this holiday season!
- Mon., 11/20/17 - Fri., 12/15/17 @ MCPL Spencer
- Mon., 11/20/17 - Wed., 12/20/17 @ MCPL Wausau
- Mon., 11/20/17 - Fri., 12/15/17 @ MCPL Hatley
- Mon., 11/20/17 - Fri., 12/15/17 @ MCPL Stratford
- Mon., 11/20/17 - Fri., 12/15/17 @ MCPL Edgar
- Mon., 11/20/17 - Fri., 12/15/17 @ MCPL Rothschild
- Mon., 11/20/17 - Fri., 12/15/17 @ MCPL Marathon City
Adult Event Drop-in Patrons of all ages can make their own handmade holiday cards using a variety supplies! Free, with all supplies provided.
Wed., 12/13/17, 1pm - 4pm @ MCPL Athens
Children's Event Kids can craft their own decorative box to give as a gift to a loved one during this free program!
Thu., 12/14/17, 11:30am - 12:30pm @ MCPL Edgar
Adult Event Join us as we discuss this award-winning book, about a young slave trying to find the road to freedom!
Thu., 12/14/17, 6pm - 7pm @ MCPL Rothschild
Adult Event Adults can transform recycled book pages into beautiful decorative ornaments during this free craft event!
Thu., 12/14/17, 6:30pm - 8pm @ MCPL Athens
Adult Event Join a lively discussion of this book, about when men on both sides of the trenches laid down their arms on Christmas Eve and joined in celebration during World War I. New members always welcome!
Thu., 12/14/17, 6:30pm - 8pm @ MCPL Wausau
Adult Event A monthly gathering of central Wisconsin poets, featuring the occasional special guest. In December, we're happy to welcome Annette Grunseth reading from her chapbook "Becoming Trans-Parent, One Family's Journey of Gender Transition."
Children's Event Geared mainly toward children ages 3-6 with Autism Spectrum Disorder, this story time will feature stories as well as soothing interactive activities.
Mon., 12/18/17, 1pm - 2pm @ MCPL Mosinee
Adult Event This story follows the lives of a man and a boy who cross paths one fateful Christmas Eve.
Mon., 12/18/17, 1pm - 2pm @ MCPL Stratford
Adult Event After the death of her husband, Joanne Smith is dreading the holiday season. But 12 days before Christmas, she begins receiving unexpected gifts from her family's "True Friends," which changes her outlook.
Adult Event Drop-in Hobby and craft enthusiasts are welcome to join us every month for a night of creating and socializing!
Adult Event Join us for a discussion of the book "A Season of Angels," about three wacky angels who set out to answer the Christmas prayers of those on earth.
Children's Event Celebrate the season with a holiday-themed story time featuring stories, songs and crafts!
Adult Event Drop-in Knitters of all ages and experience levels are invited to gather for a night of working on knitting projects and socializing at MCPL! And it's not just for knitters - crocheters and other fans of the needle arts are invited, too!
- Tue., 12/19/17, 1pm - 4pm @ MCPL Athens
- Wed., 12/20/17, 4pm - 6:45pm @ MCPL Marathon City
- Thu., 1/4/18, 3pm - 4:30pm @ MCPL Wausau
- Thu., 1/4/18, 6:30pm - 8pm @ MCPL Wausau
- Tue., 1/23/18, 3pm - 6pm @ MCPL Rothschild
- Thu., 2/1/18, 6:30pm - 8pm @ MCPL Wausau
- Thu., 3/1/18, 6:30pm - 8pm @ MCPL Wausau
- Thu., 4/5/18, 6:30pm - 8pm @ MCPL Wausau
- Thu., 5/3/18, 6:30pm - 8pm @ MCPL Wausau
Tue., 12/19/17, 3pm - 4pm @ MCPL Mosinee
Children's Event Make decorative evergreen trees during this fun and festive holiday craft event!