March 25, 2014
National Library Week (NLW) is upon us, and it’s more than a chance to celebrate all that your library means to you (although we are grateful for your appreciation).
This year’s NLW theme is “Lives Change @ Your Library,” and we’ve scheduled a number of events through the week, which runs April 13 to April 19. From something as simple as obtaining a passport to hearing about environmentally friendly travel to Randy Peterson’s “Big Dreams Begin with Books,” we have programs that could change your life. We know that’s a bold statement, but part of our mission is to provide materials, programming and assistance that make a big difference in the lives of our patrons and in our communities.
Maybe we’ve already helped change your life in some positive way, and we can’t guarantee we’ll do so in the future. But National Library Week is a time for all of us to celebrate the importance of libraries across the country.
National Library Week events:
- Big Dreams Begin with Books! / Sun., 4/13, 1:30pm @ MCPL Wausau -- A family event featuring children’s musician and storyteller Randy Peterson!
- Passport Event / Mon., 4/14, 3pm @ MCPL Edgar -- Apply for your U.S. passport! Details: 715-261-7200.
- A Guide To Green Travel / Tue., 4/15, 6:30pm @ MCPL Wausau -- Travel writer Mary Bergin will share some eco-tourism hotspots and tips.
- Teen Literature Day / Thu., 4/17, 6pm @ MCPL Wausau -- Teens can discover great books that have been made into movies and watch one such movie on the library's third floor! (Rated PG-13 | 124 min.) We can't advertise the movie's title online, but it is based on a popular young adult novel by Kami Garcia. (film details) (request the DVD) (request the book)
- No Yelling! / Thu., 4/17, 6:30pm @ MCPL Wausau -- Discover ways to communicate with and discipline your children without yelling.
- Multicultural Story Time / Sat., 4/19, 10:30am @ MCPL Wausau -- Families are invited to experience stories, songs and crafts from other cultures!