April 28, 2020
Blustery spring days are here! When the wind starts to blow, why not take advantage of it and go fly a kite? If you don't have one on-hand, that's okay - you can easily make one using some common household supplies and craft supplies!
Just follow the simple steps below to create your own paper bag kite. Then, get outside and test it out!
• Brown paper lunch bags
• Yarn, ribbon or streamers
• Popsicle sticks or wooden tongue depressors
• Scotch tape
• Crayons, markers, stamps, stickers, paints or other supplies to decorate your kite
1. Using crayons, markers stamps, stickers paints or other crafts supplies, decorate the outside of a brown paper bag any way you'd like. Be creative!
2. Using scissors, carefully puncture a small hole in the bottom of the bag.
3. Cut a piece of string, yarn or ribbon approximately two feet long. Tie one end around the center of a Popsicle stick or wooden tongue depressor and feed the rest of the string through the hole at the bottom of the bag.
4. Using tape, attach ribbon or streamers to the open end of the bag (it'll be pretty to see these fluttering in the wind when you're kite is flying). Now you're all ready to start flying your kite!
image credit: MCPL