April 13, 2020
Today's craft comes from an event we originally had scheduled for March 26 at our Rothschild Branch, where kids could make their own rubber band or yarn stamps. This craft requires simple supplies found in most homes. Just follow the steps below and your family will be making art in no time!
Rubber Band Stamping
- Cardboard tubes
- Rubber bands
- Paint/paint daubers
- Wrap rubber bands around tubes
- Apply paint to the rubber bands
- Roll tubes on paper to make different designs
- In pencil, outline any design you choose for your stamp image onto a piece of cardboard.
- Glue yarn on top of your penciled design and let it dry completely
- Apply paint to the yarn (which has now become your stamp) and press onto paper to make unique art
image credit: MCPL