How your children spend their summer matters. Research shows that how students spend their summer has an impact on their academic achievement during the school year. Reading this summer will help your teen succeed next fall.
So how do you get them to read? Our recommendation: help them find something they want to read. Our staff at every location are are always happy to help you or your teen find a great book or graphic novel - stop in, call, email, or meebo! You can also visit our teen page to find new books for teens available at MCPL.
This summer MCPL is offering an added incentive for teens who read: a chance to win awesome prizes! Here’s how it works:
- Read books and/or graphic novels.
- Go to www.mcpl.us/teenzone
- Complete one Online Reading Ticket for every 200 pages you read. (Note: Pages beyond 200 count towards your next ticket, so keep track!)
- Repeat! Keep reading to increase your odds of winning the prize of your choice!
Teens can also double their chances to win by telling us about one of the books or graphic novels they read, including what it's about and whether or not they enjoyed it (and why).
And what are the awesome prizes?
· Clay Corner Studio Package: Private clay class for you and 3 friends. Choose your piece from plates bowls or pinch pots
· Games Package From Johnny Cee Cards: Baewolf the Legend board game Magic the Gathering starter pack and Pirates of Davy Jones Curse constructble strategy game.
· 4 Passes to the Eve of Destruction at State Park Speedway
· Studio E Salon and Spa Package: Pampering for you and 2 friends. Includes shampoo cut, style partial foil,and brow wax.
· Car Package: 5 Auto Select Oil Changes and $50 Gas from IMRbp
Be sure to check out our summer events for teens too!