August 10, 2009
New in 2010! The Library has subscribed to Mango Languages, a language learning program that teaches practical conversation and cultural awareness for the world's most popular languages, including Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Dari, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Pashto, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese and more!
For access, visit our Online Resource webpage: www.mcpl.us/research/online.
Looking for some free internet sites to help you learn another language? Here are a few resources that may help you get started.*
- Annenberg Media Programs—Language Learning — Free video language courses for learning English, Spanish, French, and German.
- BBC Languages — Audio and video courses for French, German, Spanish, and Italian languages. Some resources for Welsh, Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese and other languages.
- FSI Language Courses — Free online language learning courses for more than 25 languages. Developed by the Foreign Service Institute.
- La Mansión del Inglés — Curso de inglés multimedia online gratis. Free English courses for Spanish speakers.
- Visual Link Languages — Hundreds of free lessons, games and activities to learn 8 languages; Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish.
- Learn American English Online — Four levels of English lessons with videos and printable practice exercises.
- Livemocha — Free social online language learning tool that uses audio-visual lessons for ten languages. Connect with a foreign language learning partner worldwide.
*Please Note: These sites are not maintained or sponsored by MCPL. They are offered here without guarantee, and you may choose to use them at your own discretion.
image credit: Fair use.