August 10, 2009
New in 2010! The Library has subscribed to:
Mango: Languages -- A language learning program that teaches practical conversation and cultural awareness for the world's most popular languages: Arabic, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Dari, Dutch, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Pashto, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Tagalog, Tamil, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese. For access, visit our Online Resource webpage: www.mcpl.us/research/online.
Looking for some free Internet sites to help you learn another language? Here are a few resources that may help you get started.*
- Annenberg Media Programs—Language Learning -- Free video language courses for learning English, Spanish, French, and German
- BBC Languages -- Audio and video courses for French, German, Spanish, and Italian languages. Some resources for Welsh, Portuguese, Chinese and Japanese and other languages.
- FSI Language Courses -- Free online language learning courses for more than 25 languages. Developed by the Foreign Service Institute.
- La Mansión del Inglés -- Curso de inglés multimedia online gratis. Free English courses for Spanish speakers.
- Visual Link Languages -- Hundreds of free lessons, games and activities to learn 8 languages; Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Russian and Spanish.
- Learn American English Online -- Four levels of English lessons with videos and printable practice exercises
- Livemocha -- Free social online language learning tool that uses audio-visual lessons for ten languages. Connect with a foreign language learning partner worldwide.
*Please Note: These sites are not maintained or sponsored by MCPL. They are offered here without guarantee, and you may choose to use them at your own discretion.
image credit: Fair use.