July 5, 2011
Follow the yellow brick road, but not to see the wizard, to enter the Children’s area @ MCPL Wausau. The new “yellow brick road” leading to the Children’s area is only one part of the new entrance that has been generously funded by the Wausau Noon Optimists. A colorful wall mural, featuring characters from children’s folktales, fairytales, an Aesop’s fable, and a nursery rhyme is the other piece.
Look for these six stories when you visit:
- "Hey diddle, diddle, the cat and the fiddle, the cow jumped over the moon,..." nursery rhyme
- Jack in the Beanstalk, folktale
- Rapunzel, fairytale
- The Three Little Pigs, fairytale
- Tortoise and the Hare, Aesop’s Fable
- Bremen Town Musicians, folktale
A short ribbon cutting ceremony, sponsored by the Wausau Noon Optimists and the Wausau Chamber of Commerce, celebrating the new entrance will be held on Monday, July 11 at 1:00pm. Join us, and while you're here, take a skip down the yellow brick road, and enter a wonderful world of many stories and limitless opportunities to learn and grow.