January 23, 2013
In 2012, patrons of the Marathon County Public Library saw changes at all MCPL locations. Those changes and others will continue into the New Year. Public libraries need to change with the times to stay relevant, vital and attractive.
- Sharp-eyed patrons may have noticed many outdated and no-longer-popular books have been removed from the nonfiction and fiction collections of all MCPL locations. New titles are being purchased to update these collections.
- More public seating — particularly, laptop-friendly seating — soon will be added at MCPL Wausau to make it a more inviting destination.
- The new 650-gallon saltwater aquarium in the Wausau Headquarters’ children’s department has proven to be a must-see fixture. In 2013, the aquarium will be further developed with more and different fish.
- Passport services at MCPL Wausau now are provided at the first floor Main Desk by appointment only. Call 715-261-7200 to sign up.
- There have been a few story time changes. “Tales for Twos” now is called “Tales for Tots” and is intended for children two and three years of age. MCPL Wausau’s “Book Babies” now meets Mondays at 10:00am. MCPL Wausau story times will not occur 5/12-6/7, 8/18-9/2, and 12/15-1/2/2014.
Watch the library website for further updates!
(from the MCPL Newsletter, January - March, 2013)