A letter to our friends and neighbors about our Planning and Visioning from the Library Director
Over the coming weeks we will be hosting listening sessions at the main library in downtown Wausau. These sessions will be conducted by Engberg Anderson, an architectural firm based out of Milwaukee that specializes in libraries. We want to learn how we may best serve the public during the next ten years to ensure that your library is relevant and useful to you. They will solicit your ideas about services, facilities, and resources that you want to see at your library. Please take a moment if you can, and attend a session or write down your thoughts so that we may collect them and then implement those ideas. We will have three sessions for listening, the first on August 26 at 6:00pm. The second sessions will be at 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 9, and the final public listensing session will be at 6 p.m. on Wednesday, Sept. 23. There will be various ways to share your vision, and I invite you to help us shape the future of your library. Here are some ways to let us know your thoughts:
- Visit the library’s main webpage for an overview of the campaign and links to feedback mechanisms and more information: www.mcpl.us/yourmcpl.
- Check out our Facebook and Twitter pages and post ideas with #yourMCPL.
- The online contact form at www.mcpl.us/about/contact will allow you to send us your thoughts and comments.
- Comment cards can be found at the public desks.
- Attend a public listening session with the architects. (Future dates and times to be posted)
We appreciate the support the library has in our community, and we very much want to see this process help to revitalize and invigorate your library experience. Please join us on this important journey. If you would like to talk with me personally about the project, I’m always happy to hear from you. My direct number is 715-261-7211.