June 10, 2010
"Make a Splash" with summer reading! We have a reading club that is open to all ages. It is fun and easy to get started:
- Read a book! We prefer that you choose a library book. Magazines count, too!
- Get a summer reading ticket. You will find tickets at the public desks of any Marathon County Public Library location, in the "Make a Splash" summer brochure, in the Wausau Daily Herald this Sunday, or you can print your own from our web site.
- As you read, cross off the little pictures on the ticket--one picture for each 25 pages read, or for each picture book that is read. Children can also cross off pictures for listening to books, if someone reads aloud to them.
- When all 10 pictures are crossed off, bring your completed ticket to your favorite library location. Kids and teens turning in their first ticket of the summer will get a bag with some great prizes, thanks to our many wonderful supporters and sponsors. Every ticket will be entered in drawings for more prizes that will be awarded at the end of the summer.
- You can also cross off a ticket picture for coming to a program at the library--like "Water Wonders" presented by Professor Oops next Tuesday, June 15 at the library in Wausau.
Visit our summer library program web site for more information about summer reading events and activities happening at all the libraries in Marathon County!