March 2, 2019
Parents and care givers, join your children in exploring the world of transportation in the Early Literacy Center (ELC) at the Marathon County Public Library's Wausau Headquarters!
Throughout March, April and May, the theme for the ELC will be "Transportation." During these months, parents and children can:
· Play on the magnetic board! Put together magnetic puzzles of trains, cars, and trucks; play a car color matching game; sort transportation pictures and words by type, and much more!
· Re-create "The Wheels on the Bus" on the felt story board – and sing along!
· Create patterned pictures of cars, trains, boats, airplanes, rockets, and more with the colorful Tangram blocks
· Read the alphabet eye chart, take the Department of Toy Motor Vehicles “driving test” on the ELC roadway rug, and earn your Toy Car Driver’s License!
· Settle onto our comfy couch and read together from an assortment of transportation-themed books, including:
The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper
Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus by Mo Willems
Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
Sheep in a Jeep by Nancy Shaw
… and many more!
The ELC features materials and activities designed for children ages 0-5 years old and their parents/caregivers. The theme of the ELC typically changes every two or three months, so there's always something new to see, do or read!
For more information, call MCPL Wausau's children's department at 715-261-7220.
image credit: Content Cafe/V-Cat