The Marathon County Public Library Board of Trustees, commonly known as the Library Board, operates under Chapter 43 of the Wisconsin State Statutes. The Board is comprised of seven members appointed by the Marathon County Board of Supervisors and includes two members of Marathon County Board of Supervisors, a superintendent of a Marathon County school district, and representatives from the general public.
2021 Board Members:
- Ms. Sharon Hunter (President)
- Ms. Kari Sweeney (Vice President)
- Mr. Gary Beastrom
- Mr. Jeff Campo
- Mr. Dino Corvino
- Ms. Michelle Van Krey
- Mr. Scott Winch
To contact the Library Board, use the information in the Board Members informational document, or send a letter to "MCPL Board of Trustees, 300 North First Street, Wausau, WI 54403."
Library Board Meetings
Library Board Meetings normally occur on the third Monday of every month at noon at the library's Wausau Headquarters, although irregular and/or off-site meetings may be scheduled occasionally. In 2021, the board is scheduled to meet on 1/25, 2/15, 3/15, 4/19, 5/17, 6/21, 7/19, 8/16, 9/20, 10/18, 11/15 and 12/20. Additional meetings may be scheduled for special topics. Meetings are open to the public except as specified under Wisconsin law.
Recent / upcoming meetings:
Potential System Change: Feedback & Documents
- Policy: Board Members
- Policy: Bylaws for the Marathon County Public Library Board of Trustees
- Policy: Board / Director Relationship
- Policy: Powers of the Library Board of Trustees
- Policy: Board Meeting Recording
- Policy: Board Meeting Minutes to Staff
- Policy: Board of Trustees Travel Policy and Travel Expense Form
- Policy: Fiscal Powers of the Library Board and the Library Director
- Policy: Open Meetings of Governmental Bodies (Chapter 19j)