The Marathon County Public Library Board of Trustees, commonly known as the Library Board, operates under Chapter 43 of the Wisconsin State Statutes. The Board is comprised of seven members appointed by the Marathon County Board of Supervisors and includes two members of Marathon County Board of Supervisors, a superintendent of a Marathon County school district, and representatives from the general public.
2020 Board Members:
- Sharon Hunter – President
- Kari Sweeney – Vice President
- Gary Beastrom
- Michelle Van Krey
- Scott Winch
- Mang Xiong
To contact the Library Board, use the information in the Board Members informational document, or send a letter to "MCPL Board of Trustees, 300 North First Street, Wausau, WI 54403."
Library Board Meetings normally occur on the third Monday of every month at noon at the library's Wausau Headquarters, although irregular and/or off-site meetings are scheduled occasionally. (As of 1/20/20, the January meeting will be 1/27 and the September meeting will be at MCPL Mosinee. See the Board Members informational document.) Meetings are open to the public except as specified under Wisconsin law. Additional meetings may be scheduled for special topics.
Board Meeting Packets are published monthly in lieu of separate minutes and agendas. These contain minutes from the preceding month, the agenda for the current month and associated attachments. Board meeting documents are archived online for approximately two years. Access to older meeting documents may be granted to the public upon request; contact us for details.
2020 Library System Task Force: For information about this project, please visit www.mcpl.us/taskforce.
- Policy: Board Members
- Policy: Bylaws for the Marathon County Public Library Board of Trustees
- Policy: Board / Director Relationship
- Policy: Powers of the Library Board of Trustees
- Policy: Board Meeting Minutes to Staff
- Policy: Board of Trustees Travel Policy and Travel Expense Form
- Policy: Board Meeting Recording
- Policy: Fiscal Powers of the Library Board and the Library Director
- Policy: Open Meetings of Governmental Bodies (Chapter 19j)