FAQ: Can school or daycare groups check out materials when they visit?
If a teacher wants his/her students to check out books during a group visit to the library:
- The teacher should ensure students bring their own library cards to the library.
If students do not have library cards:
- The teacher should pick up library card applications at least three weeks before the visit.
- The students parents/guardians should complete and sign the applications.
- Teachers should verify that the applications are complete.
- Completed applications must be returned to the library at least two weeks before the visit.
Also, for groups of 10 or more, see our Group Visit form.