POTENTIAL SYSTEM CHANGE
On January 25, 2021, the Library Board voted to approve a motion for the Marathon County Public Library (MCPL) to join the South Central Library System (SCLS). The 4-3 vote was preceded by a year-long analysis by the Library System Task Force, which was formed in January 2020 to thoroughly examine the cost and benefits of joining SCLS. In December 2020, the Task Force’s final recommendation was that MCPL join SCLS ... (read more)
- What are MCPL's concerns regarding library catalog records?
- When will the decision to join SCLS become final?
- Will I need a new library card if MCPL joins SCLS?
- Will I have access to the same number of items for checkout?
- Will it take longer to receive requested items (holds)?
- Which libraries are in SCLS? Will MCPL be the only one from central Wisconsin?
- Will I still be able to check out items from libraries in WVLS?
- Will the online catalog change? What will it look like?
- Will it cost more to be a member of SCLS? How will MCPL afford it?
- Will we lose access to Ancestry and other online resources?
- Will I still be able to use interlibrary loan?
- Will the digital catalog change (Wisconsin’s Digital Library [Libby / OverDrive])?
- Will checkout periods and fines change for library items?
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has prompted changes to the library's day-to-day operations — all of which were implemented to maintain the health and safety of patrons and library staff — while continuing to provide quality library services. ... (read more)
- Are masks required to visit the library during the pandemic?
- Are book donations accepted during the pandemic, and when is the next book sale?
- When will the library fully re-open?
- Will interlibrary loan (WISCAT) be affected by the pandemic?
- How do I participate in a virtual or online event (GoToMeeting, Facebook, Zoom, etc.)?
- What are "Grab & Go" activities, and how do I pick one up?
- What safety precautions are being taken during the pandemic?
- What are Wisconsin libraries doing to respond to the pandemic?
- Why can't I see my position on the waiting list for an item in the Library Catalog (V-Cat) anymore?
- Will the Summer Library Program be affected by the pandemic?
- Is curbside pickup of library items available during the pandemic?
- Can I get a library card during the pandemic?
- Can I renew my library card during the pandemic?
- When are my items due during the pandemic?
- Will any events be scheduled during the pandemic?
- Can I cancel a request (hold) on an item if I don't want it anymore?
- How can I pay my library fines?
- Can I see a list of the items I've borrowed in the past?
- What is my library card number (or patron ID)?
- Can I have library items delivered to my home?
- Can I close my library account?
- Why is my item's due date (or renewal date) earlier than expected?
- Can I get a library card if I don't live nearby?
- How do I renew my library account, and why did it expire?
- Can I check out items or use my account without my library card?
- Can I view the library record of my child, family member or friend?
- Can school or daycare groups check out materials when they visit?
- What are "Lucky Day" items?
- Why doesn't the library have available copies of a popular item?
- How will I be notified if I have overdue items or items being held?
- What happens if I don't return an item?
- Can I check out if I have fines or overdue items?
- How will I know when my materials are due?
- How can I renew my items?
- May I return my items to any public library?
- May I check out items or use a library computer without my card?
- Can I get a library card for my child?
- What should I do if I lose my library card?
- Should I notify the library if I change my address, phone number or email?
- Why can't I request certain items in the Library Catalog (V-Cat)?
- Where can I use my library card?
- Do I need a library card for each MCPL location?
- What is my PIN or password?
- How can I get a library card?
- How many items can I check out, and for how long? And what are the late fees?
- Does the library offer free tax forms? When will they arrive, and which forms are available?
- What options are there for parking at the Wausau library?
- May we display promotional materials for our group or event at the library?
- How will I know my group visit request is granted?
- What services are available to visiting groups?
- Why do I need to specify a purpose for our group visit?
- Why do I need to contact the library in advance for group visits?
WISCONSIN'S DIGITAL LIBRARY
- How is Wisconsin's Digital Library managed?
- Wisconsin's Digital Library doesn't have a book I want. Can I suggest it?
- What software do I need to access digital content from the library?
- Is my device compatible with the library's digital content (e-books and audiobooks)?
- What are the checkout policies for e-books and audiobooks from Wisconsin's Digital Library?
- Does the library have e-books?
- How do I read a Value Line report?
- Why can't I use one of the library's online resources?
- Why can't I find a residential phone number for someone using Reference Solutions?
COMPUTERS / INTERNET
- Why can't I access an online resource from home?
- How do I access library computers or Wi-Fi?
- May I use someone else's library card to access library computers?
- Where do I return interlibrary loan (ILL) materials?
- Why was my Interlibrary Loan request denied?
- What if I need to keep an Interlibrary Loan item beyond its due date?
- How long may I keep Interlibrary Loan items?
- How will I know when my Interlibrary Loan materials arrive?
- How long will it take to receive my interlibrary loan request?
- How many Interlibrary Loan requests can I submit?
- What if I no longer need an Interlibrary Loan item I've requested?
- Can I use Interlibrary Loan to get information on a subject without a specific item in mind?
- How do I request materials through Interlibrary Loan?
- How much does Interlibrary Loan cost?
- Are magazines available through Interlibrary Loan?
- What kinds of materials cannot be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan?
- What kinds of materials can be borrowed through Interlibrary Loan?
- Who may use Interlibrary Loan?