FAQ: How can I renew my items?
Options to renew library items depend on a variety of factors, including whether the item was checked out from the Library Catalog (V-Cat), Interlibrary Loan (WISCAT) or Wisconsin's Digital Library (Overdrive / Libby):
Library Catalog (V-Cat) Renewals
- Be prepared to provide your 14-digit library card number and PIN.
- If others have requested the item, it will not be possible to renew.
- Renewals extend the item's due date for an additional checkout period. Most items can be renewed twice.
- Renewal periods start from the date you renew, so it is best to wait until the end of the item's original checkout period to renew.
* To renew V-Cat items online:
- Go to the library catalog and sign in.
- Select "Checked Out Titles" (in the left sidebar, or under the "account" icon on smaller screens).
- Select "Renew" next to each item that you want to renew.
** To renew V-Cat items via text:
- You must be subscribed to text notifications beforehand. Text SIGNUP to 1-844-201-0052.
- As your items approach their due dates, you will receive text messages with options to renew based on your replies.
*** To renew V-Cat items via phone:
- Call 715-301-0484 and follow the prompts.
- Alternatively, you may call our automated renewal service at 715-261-7209 (24/7) or any MCPL location during its hours of operation.
Interlibrary Loan (WISCAT) Renewals
For more information, visit www.mcpl.us/catalogs/interlibrary.
Wisconsin's Digital Library (Overdrive / Libby) Renewals
Digital items (e-books and downloadable audiobooks) checked out from Wisconsin's Digital Library are automatically checked in once their original loan period has expired, but renewals are possible if no one else has requested the item.
For more information, visit help.overdrive.com/.../1481523-how-to-renew-digital-titles.