FAQ: How can I renew my items?
Library Catalog (V-Cat) Renewals
- You will need your 14-digit library card number and PIN.
- If others have requested the item, it will not be possible to renew.
- Renewals extend the item's due date by 14 or seven days (depending on the type of item).
- The renewal period starts from the date you renew, so it is best to wait until the end of the item's original checkout period to renew.
* To renew V-Cat items online, please use the following steps:
- Go to www.mcpl.us/catalogs/vcat, select "log in," input your library card number and PIN, and select "submit."
- Select "items currently checked out."
- Put checkmarks in the "renew" column next to the item(s) you wish to renew.
- Select "renew marked" to renew, and note the new due dates.
Interlibrary Loan (WISCAT) Renewals
For more information, visit www.mcpl.us/catalogs/interlibrary.
Wisconsin's Digital Library (Overdrive / Libby) Renewals
Digital items (e-books and downloadable audiobooks) checked out from Wisconsin's Digital Library are automatically checked in once their original loan period has expired, but renewals are possible if no one else has requested the item.
For more information, visit help.overdrive.com/.../1481523-how-to-renew-digital-titles.