FAQ: What services will be offered during the pandemic?
The library's "limited re-opening" plan (starting June 22, 2020) is intended to protect the health of patrons and staff during the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, and includes the following services:
- All MCPL locations are open by appointment only:
- MCPL Wausau accepts appointments for computer lab use only.
- MCPL branches accept appointments for computer lab use and limited browsing of the collection.
- All MCPL locations offer curbside pickup:
- All MCPL events are offered online or in the form of "grab & go" activities available for curbside pickup.
Wisconsin's Digital Library (free e-books and mp3 audiobooks) remains available from home.
MCPL's online resources (periodicals, online tutorials, research materials and more) remain available from home.
- Library card applications are accepted online.
- Wireless internet (Wi-Fi) is available from outside of the library:
- MCPL Wausau offers Wi-Fi Mon.–Thu., 9 a.m.–8 p.m., and Fri.–Sat., 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- MCPL branches offer Wi-Fi 24/7.
Changes to the library's opening status will be considered at future meetings of the Library Board.
For the latest updates, please visit www.mcpl.us/coronavirus.
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic has prompted changes to the library's day-to-day operations — all of which were implemented to maintain the health and safety of patrons and library staff — while continuing to provide quality library services. ... (read more)