FAQ: Why can't I access an online resource from home?
Nearly all resources listed on the library's Online Resources webpage may be accessed from home.
If you cannot access a resource from home, consider the following:
- Are you using your correct library card number and PIN if prompted? If you are unsure of this information, please contact us.
- Is your account current (not expired) and in good standing, and does it correctly describe your current residence? Contact us for assistance.
- Did you select the correct "access" link? (Some resources have a "Home Access" button that should be used from home; the "Library Access" button will only work while using the library's network.)
- If attempting to access a BadgerLink resource and a "Whoops" access error appears, log in using your library barcode or try https://badgerlink.dpi.wi.gov/login-auto.
- A few resources cannot be accessed by patrons from libraries outside of Marathon County and are described accordingly. Generally, this is due to licensing reasons.
- A few resources cannot be used from home and are described accordingly. Generally, this is due to licensing reasons.
If you continue to experience difficulty accessing a particular online resource, please contact us.