The Friends of the Marathon County Public Library is a nonprofit volunteer organization with the goal of promoting and improving library services in Marathon County, Wisconsin. These goals are funded via donations, membership fees, book sales and special fundraising events.
The Friends carry out their mission through:
- Grants — Annually, the Friends solicit and award grants to fund projects for library branches and divisions.
- Material & equipment purchases — Friends purchase and donate equipment and materials needed throughout the library system.
- Art purchases — During the annual Festival of the Arts, Friends take advantage of Festival of the Arts matching grants to purchase artworks for patrons to check out.
- Sponsoring special programs, such as the Summer Library Program, Central Wisconsin Book Festival and other events.
To join the Friends, complete a Friends Membership Application. Membership is on a calendar basis, with dues payable annually by the first day of each calendar year. Membership renewals will be accepted at the fall book sale.
2022 Friends board meetings are as follows:
- Sat., 1/22, 1 p.m. board meeting, 2 p.m. annual meeting
- Mon., 3/28, 4:30 p.m.
- Mon., 5/23, 4:30 p.m.
- Mon., 7/25, 4:30 p.m.
- Mon., 9/26, 4:30 p.m.
- Mon., 11/28, 4:30 p.m.
2022 Friends board members are as follows:
- Ms. Sharon Behle (President)
- Mrs. Joanne Ash (Vice President)
- Ms. Kathy Olson (Secretary)
- Mr. John Ash (Treasurer)
- Mr. Michael Blick (Publicity)
- Mr. Don Haney (Membership)
- Mr. Randy Jesse
- Mrs. Kate Srozinski
- Mrs. Ruth Tress
- Ms. Gail Zarnke
- Mr. Marc Carlson
- Theresa Graveen
To contact any Friends board member, use our contact us webpage. Please include the name of the board member in your subject to ensure proper routing. You also may send mail to "Friends of MCPL, 300 N. First St., Wausau, WI 54403."
Donations to the Friends may be sent to "Friends of MCPL, 300 N. First St., Wausau, WI 54403."
- FAQ: Does the library accept donations?
- FAQ: Are book donations accepted during the pandemic, and when is the next book sale?
- Policy: Meeting Room Policy
- Policy: Donation Policy
- Policy: Friends of the Marathon County Public Library
- Policy: Fund Raising Policy
- Policy: Donation Procedures
- Policy: Friends of Marathon County Public Library Book Sale Policy
- Policy: Administration of Library
- Policy: Weeding the Collection Policy