The Friends of the Marathon County Public Library is a nonprofit volunteer organization with the goal of promoting and improving library services in Marathon County, Wisconsin. These goals are funded via donations, membership fees, book sales and special fundraising events.
The Friends carry out their mission through:
- Grants — Annually, the Friends solicit and award grants to fund projects for library branches and divisions.
- Material & equipment purchases — Friends purchase and donate equipment and materials needed throughout the library system.
- Art purchases — During the annual Festival of the Arts, Friends take advantage of Festival of the Arts matching grants to purchase artworks for patrons to check out.
- Sponsoring special programs, such as the Summer Library Program, Older Americans Day and family programs.
To join the Friends, complete a Friends Membership Application. Memberships last fall through spring.
Friends board members:
- Gail Cain, President (Board Term: 2013-2020; President Term: 2017-2018)
- Pam Kolasinski, Vice President (Board Term: 2017-2024; Vice President Term: 2017-2018)
- LeeAnn Venne, Secretary (Board Term: 2017-2020; Secretary Term: 2018-2019)
- Dick Wachtl, Treasurer (Board Term: 2014-2020; Treasurer Term: 2016-2017)
- Sharon Harder, Communications (Board Term: 2013-2020; Communications Term: 2013-2020)
- Kate Srozinski, Book Sale Chair (Board Term: 2011-2018; Book Sale Term: 2015-2018)
- Joan Cohen, Human Resources (Board Term: 2012-2019; Human Resources Term: 2018-2019)
- Mary Landwehr, Membership (Board Term: 2013-2020; Membership Term: 2014-2020)
- Michael Blick (Board Term: 2018-2025)
- Barbie Muetzel (Board Term: 2018-2025)
To contact any Friends board member, use our contact us webpage; please include the name of the board member in your subject to ensure proper routing. You also may send mail to "Friends of MCPL, 300 N. First St., Wausau, WI 54403."