The Friends of the Marathon County Public Library is a nonprofit volunteer organization with the goal of promoting and improving library services in Marathon County, Wisconsin. These goals are funded via donations, membership fees, book sales and special fundraising events.
The Friends carry out their mission through:
- Grants — Annually, the Friends solicit and award grants to fund projects for library branches and divisions.
- Material & equipment purchases — Friends purchase and donate equipment and materials needed throughout the library system.
- Art purchases — During the annual Festival of the Arts, Friends take advantage of Festival of the Arts matching grants to purchase artworks for patrons to check out.
- Sponsoring special programs, such as the Summer Library Program, Older Americans Day and family programs.
To join the Friends, complete a Friends Membership Application. Memberships last fall through spring.
Friends board members:
- Gail Cain, President
- [vacancy], Vice President
- [vacancy], Secretary
- John Ash, Treasurer
- Sharon Harder
- LeeAnn Venne
- Mary Landwehr
- Michael Blick
- Dick Wachtl
- Joan Cohen
- Barbie Muetzel
- Katherine Madson
To contact any Friends board member, use our contact us webpage; please include the name of the board member in your subject to ensure proper routing. You also may send mail to "Friends of MCPL, 300 N. First St., Wausau, WI 54403."