Book Club Procedure
CHAPTER 10: Circulation
COMPUTER ID: CIBCP-1
Title: Book Club Procedure
Effective Date: 12-1-2012
Authorized By: Library Director
Date of Last Revision: 1-25-2013
Marathon County Public Library Book Club Procedure
All Book Clubs must adhere to the Marathon County Public Library (MCPL)
Programming Planning and Development Policy 7.60 a-b.
When a patron of MCPL chooses to participate in a book club with V-Cat items, the
following steps shall be followed:
A. MARATHON COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY SPONSORED BOOK CLUB
1. New MCPL Book Clubs must be approved by a member of management.
2. The Book Club is to be coordinated and moderated by an MCPL staff member or
MCPL official volunteer.
3. MCPL moderated Book Clubs may have books requested for their members with
an MCPL department or branch library card.
4. The person responsible for the Book Club will also be responsible for the
selection of the discussion questions.
5. All MCPL Book Clubs will be advertized as free and open to the public. Branch
Coordinators are responsible for submitting branch book club schedules and
selections through proper publicity channels. In Wausau, designated staff will
submit book club schedules and selections to a member of the publicity team.
B. PRIVATE/INDEPENDENTLY RUN BOOK CLUB
1. Private/Independent Books Clubs shall be coordinated and moderated without
MCPL staff assistance.
2. The person(s) responsible for the Private/Independent Book Clubs must request
books for their members by using personal library cards. They are not allowed to
check out materials using an MCPL department or branch library card.
3. Once a Private/Independent Book Club's books are checked out, they are not to
be stored at the library.
4. The person who checks out the books for the Private/Independent Book Club will
be held responsible for all costs incurred regarding the Book Club items.
5. Private/Independent Book Clubs may be promoted to the public with
management approval. However, publicity for independent book clubs meeting at
the library should indicate that they are not endorsed by or affiliated with MCPL.
6. MCPL is not responsible for the content or views expressed in
Private/Independent Book Clubs.
- Marathon County Public Library
300 North First Street Wausau WI 54403 USA
Account Status: 715-261-7209 (24/7)