WVLS facilitates the online library catalog (V-Cat) shared by the public libraries in this system and provides libraries with logistical and financial support.
- Founded: August 1961
- Director: Marla Sepnafski (Address: 300 North First St., Wausau, WI 54403 | Phone: 715-261-7251 | Fax: 715-261-7259 | Email: email@example.com)
- Website: www.wvls.org
- Area served: 7,360 square miles, including the north central Wisconsin counties of Clark, Forest, Langlade, Lincoln, Marathon, Oneida and Taylor.
- Population served: 282,176 (2016 municipal/extended county population)
- Number of libraries: Service is provided through 25 public libraries and approximately 200 non-public libraries.
- Governance: WVLS operates under Chapter 43 of the Wisconsin Statutes and is governed by a 15-member Board of Trustees. Each participating county has at least one member on the board – the rest are allocated according to population. Trustees are appointed by the Chairs of the County Boards of Supervisors.
- Location: The WVLS rents space from and operates out of the Marathon County Public Library, 300 North First Street, Wausau, WI 54403.
- Budget & funding: Visit www.wvls.org for WVLS budget and funding information.
- Major services: Internet access; V-Cat, a shared automation system; courier service to/from all Wisconsin’s public libraries; reference services and facilitated resource sharing; consultant services and training for area library personnel and trustees; digital/online resources; and technical support.
- Staff: Visit www.wvls.org for WVLS staff information.
- State view: WVLS is one of 17 library systems in Wisconsin. Systems range in size from one to 10 counties.
- Policy: Library Card Registration Policy – Library Card
- Policy: Wisconsin Valley Library Service Board Members
- Policy: Intersystem Registration Card Policy
- Policy: Wisconsin Public Library Systems
- Policy: Bylaws of Wisconsin Valley Library Service
- Policy: Wisconsin Valley Library Service Intersystem Agreement for Continuing Education