What software do I need to access digital content from the library (e-books and audiobooks)?
FAQ: What software do I need to access digital content from the library (e-books and audiobooks)?
To access digital content from Wisconsin's Digital Library (WDL), which software you need is dependent on the device you are using, with some additional factors that amount to personal preference. (See "Is my device compatible with the library's digital content?")
Currently, the available software is as follows:
- Libby app -- The latest app for accessing WDL content.
- Overdrive app -- The original app for accessing WDL content. Will be replaced by Libby eventually.
Additionally, the following software may be preferred -- or necessary for older devices -- in limited situations:
- Kindle app -- Optional third-party app for WDL e-books if you prefer the Kindle format -- especially if you tend to buy other e-books from Amazon.com.
- Adobe Digital Editions -- A third-party app for reading e-books on your computer or transferring e-books to older e-readers.
- Overdrive Media Console -- Desktop application for downloading WDL content to your computer.