Browse the WISCAT interlibrary loan catalog to find and request items that are not available in the regular library catalog (V-Cat).
Borrowing limits: Requests for interlibrary loan items borrowed via WISCAT will be limited to five requests per patron per month for a total of 60 requests per year.
For interlibrary loan assistance, contact us by email or call 715-261-7200 and ask to be transferred to the Interlibrary Loan Coordinator. The ILL Coordinator typically is available Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm.
By using interlibrary loan, you agree to:
- Only request items published or released prior to the current or previous calendar year -- e.g. in 2016, you may not request items published in 2016 or 2015. (Check amazon.com for publication dates.)
- Limit your ILL requests to five per month.
- Avoid requesting feature films, (fictional) TV series, video games, original periodicals (copies are fine), textbooks or items valued under $10 (per amazon.com).
- Avoid requesting items published more than 75 years ago.
- Limit requests so that you have enough time to use the items you receive.
- Allow two to eight weeks for fulfillment. Contact us to check the status of your request.
- Pick up items promptly upon notification of their availability.
- Return items by the due date printed on the ILL label.
- Contact us to request renewals two to three days before the due date.
- Abide by the copyright laws of the United States (Title 17, U.S. Code).
Interlibrary loan privileges may be suspended for: failure to pick up multiple items; failure to return multiple items by their due dates; multiple damaged or lost items; exceeding request limits; other abuses of the system.