FAQ: What kinds of materials cannot be borrowed via Interlibrary Loan?
In general, the following types of items may not be requested using interlibrary loan:
- non-circulating and reference materials
- genealogical materials
- newspapers in original format (newspapers may usually be borrowed on microfilm)
- whole issues of magazines
- computer software and games
- Rosetta Stone materials (for any language)
- print items valued at under $10
- items published more than 75 years ago
- items from special collections
Additionally, copyright law may limit the amount of material that may be photocopied.
There may be exceptions to the limitations above; please contact us if you have any questions.