FAQ: Why was my Interlibrary Loan request denied?
There are several reasons why an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request may be unsuccessful:
- Sometimes the ILL item being used and is not immediately available.
- Sometimes the library that owns the ILL item will not lend it because it is a reference item that must be used in the library.
- Sometimes the library that owns the ILL item just says "no" without giving a reason.
- Sometimes we cannot find a library that owns the requested ILL item.
- We are unable to obtain ILL items from libraries outside of Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota, and requests for items outside of Wisconsin are less likely to succeed.
Please remember that not every library that owns an item will be willing to lend it via Interlibrary Loan.