Bring your children to story time at your local Marathon County Public Library!
Story times are intended to introduce children to literature and reading through storytelling, songs, games, puppets and fingerplays.
Family Story Time
Bring your entire family to story time! Children of all ages and parents/guardians are welcome to this 30-minute program. Enjoy learning with all of your children through stories, songs and other literature-based activities.
- MCPL Wausau — Saturdays, 10:30am (year-round)
- MCPL Athens — Tuesdays, 10:00am (year-round)
- MCPL Edgar — Thursdays, 9:30am (Sept.-May)
- MCPL Hatley — Tuesdays, 10:30am (year-round)
- MCPL Marathon City — Thursdays, 10:30am (year-round) (will not meet on 6/15, 6/29 and 7/13 due to special events)
- MCPL Mosinee — Wednesdays, 10:00am (Sept.-May)
- MCPL Rothschild — Tuesdays, 10:30am (year-round)
- MCPL Rothschild — Thursdays, 2:30pm (Sept.-May)
- MCPL Spencer — Wednesdays, 10:00am (year-round)
- MCPL Stratford — Wednesdays, 10:15am (Sept.-May)
"Play & Learn" Story Time
Children of all ages are invited to use their imagination and creativity! These fun-filled, 90-minute programs feature a different story each week, followed by songs and supplemental activities. Offered in partnership with the Family Resource Center, these story times meet regularly; however, occasional breaks are possible due to Family Resource Center scheduling. Call 715-845-6747 for the latest information.
- MCPL Wausau — Fridays, 9:30am (year-round)
- MCPL Athens — Tuesdays, 10:30am (year-round)
- MCPL Edgar — Thursdays, 10:00am (year-round)
- MCPL Hatley — Thursdays, 10:00am (year-round)
- MCPL Mosinee — Wednesdays, 10:30am (Sept.-May)
- MCPL Mosinee — Wednesdays, 10:00am (Jun.-Aug.)
- MCPL Spencer — Wednesdays, 10:30am (year-round)
- MCPL Stratford — Wednesdays, 10:15am (Jun.-Aug.)
- MCPL Stratford — Wednesdays, 10:45am (Sept.-May)
Preschool Story Time
This 30-minute program will help prepare your preschooler for kindergarten with stories, songs, rhymes and other early literacy activities. Children may attend this story time without a caregiver, but caregivers are asked to remain in the children's area during the story time. If your child is not comfortable going to story time without you, feel free to join the fun! Geared for children 3-5 years old. Younger siblings are welcome with an adult present..
Tales for Tots
Enjoy books, songs and fingerplays with your toddler at this fun and lively story time! This program is designed to help 2- and 3-year-olds acquire fundamental knowledge such as shapes, numbers, colors, rhyming and more in a fun and interactive way. Toddlers in attendance must be accompanied by an adult. Older and younger siblings are welcome to attend.
Join us for 20 minutes of "lap sit" story time for children birth to 23 months! Listen and interact with your baby through books, songs, rhymes and other activities. Caregivers and babies will learn a new American Sign Language sign each week! Caregiver-child interaction is stressed in Book Babies, so children must be accompanied by an adult. Older siblings may attend, but please be aware that this program meets the developmental needs of younger children.
- MCPL Wausau — Mondays, 10:00am (year-round)
Daycare Story Time
Area daycare providers may schedule a morning or afternoon story time at MCPL Wausau on Thursdays (Sept.-May only). Picture books, songs and fingerplays will provide your children with fun-filled learning. Call 715-261-7220 to add your group to the schedule. (Parents: Feel free to recommend this service to your daycare provider!)