U.S. passport applications are accepted at the library's Wausau Headquarters. Please call 715-261-7240 and ask to speak with a passport application acceptance agent before you apply. We also advise reviewing the U.S. Department of State passport website.
Appointments are available every Thursday, 3:00pm to 7:30pm, and every other Saturday, 9:00am to 3:20pm. Walk-ins are invited every Thursday, 9:00am to 2:30pm. MCPL takes passports photos for $10. Contact us for more information or alternative passport application sites.
Common application mistakes and pitfalls include:
Not bringing an official birth certificate issued by the government, featuring a raised seal and signature. Hospital certificates and photocopies are not allowed.
Forgetting to bring (enough) checks. The application fee must be paid by check.
Making errors on the application. Cross-outs, white-out or errors of any kind are not allowed; only black ink is allowed, not blue or any other color.
Applying on behalf of a minor without adequate documentation. Please always contact us and describe any special circumstances regarding custody, etc.
- FAQ: How much does it cost to get a passport?
- FAQ: How do I renew my U.S. passport?
- FAQ: How long does it take to get my passport?
- FAQ: How do I apply for a U.S. passport book?
- FAQ: Where can I get passport photographs?
- FAQ: What is a passport card?
- FAQ: How do I apply for a U.S. passport card?
- FAQ: How do I get a U.S. passport?
- FAQ: Do both parents need to be present to apply for a child's passport?
- FAQ: What is proof of U.S. citizenship to apply for a passport?
- FAQ: What should I do if I need my passport in a hurry?
- FAQ: Can I have a passport card and a passport book?
- FAQ: When can I apply for a U.S. passport?
- FAQ: What is the acceptance / execution fee to apply for a passport?
- FAQ: What is acceptable proof of identification for a U.S. Passport?
- FAQ: How can I obtain a certified birth certificate?
- FAQ: What should I do if I've lost my passport?
- FAQ: Who provides U.S. passport acceptance services in Marathon County?
- FAQ: How can I check the status of my passport application?
- Policy: Passport Policy