MCPL logo

Marathon County Public Library

Skip Navigation CWBF logoJoin us for the Central Wisconsin Book Festival, Sept. 17–26!

How do I apply for a U.S. passport card?

FAQ: How do I apply for a U.S. passport card?


Passport cards may be used for land or sea travel between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Bermuda and the Caribbean. 

They cannot be used for other international travel or air travel. 

In general, you must provide the same information as for the passport book.

Fees for processing a passport card: 

  • Adults (age 16 and older) — $30 check to "U.S. Dept. of State," $35 to "MCPL."

  • Children (younger than 16) — $15 check to "U.S. Dept. of State," $35 to "MCPL."

Visit the U.S. Department of State website for more info. about passport cards

Related Content: