Need help using your computer, tablet, smartphone or e-reader?
Library staff can provide technology assistance with a variety of topics, including:
- basic computer/internet skills;
- finding and applying for jobs;
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.);
- social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.);
- accessing e-books and library databases;
- using a new computer or mobile device;
- ...and more!
Please note: Assistance without an appointment may be limited according to staff availability.
If you need additional assistance, you may request a one-hour "Tech Time" appointment:
- For assistance at MCPL Wausau, call 715-261-7230.
- For assistance at MCPL Rothschild, call 715-359-6208.
Please note: Due to the pandemic, face masks are required for in-person technology assistance until further notice.
Please bring the following to your appointment, if required/available:
- your device and its power/data cable(s);
- login information (username, password);
- instruction booklets (if available);
- your mobile phone (if you have one, for account recovery purposes);
- data storage media (USB devices, memory cards, CDs/DVDs, etc.).
For free online technology classes, consider Gale Courses — available to library patrons through at least October 2022.
Also, the library occasionally schedules free events on a variety of technology-related topics. Forthcoming events of this type are listed below, when available.